Thursday, March 1, 2012

Illegal things

You know, the funny thing about those no U-turn signs on Pennsylvania Avenue is that THEY'RE THERE FOR A REASON.  I saw no less than 4 cars blatantly breaking that law today, and I missed some idiot diplomat town car by about two inches.  He crossed right into my path with nary a second glance, which resulted in me stopping and yelling (G-rated yelling) at him.  He had his windows up and looked thoroughly lost--probably late on his way to pick up some very rich and impatient person.  I'm not drowning in sympathy for him, though, because if my brakes had been ANY looser, that could have hurt.  A lot.

aslfdhsak h.kjsahg.kwawgwa.

UGH.  I'm so mad.  Says Kate on the subject, "I hate non-diplomatic driving by diplomats."  Just because you have immunity doesn't give you the right to be an asshole.

Before that happened, I was all whistle-y and happy--so distracted by the weather, in fact, that I almost fell off my bike while standing still at a red light.  That takes some doing.  I heard at least 2 other cyclists singing to themselves today, including the grumpy guy with the chopper recumbent who likes to switch between the sidewalk and the street a LOT, and I have definitely seen him with an air horn blasting pedestrians out of the way before--even HE was happy.

I am now decidedly less happy after the run in with the diplomidiot.  But still humming to myself, so welcome, springtime! ....not that you haven't been lurking about since January or anything.

2 comments:

  1. Rub it in! I couldn't ride today. It's gorgeous outside!

    BTW are you riding the VASA ride on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not. :( I didn't see the registration until it was too late.

    ReplyDelete