Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bleh!

3 sad days without a bike ride....my body decided to come down with some sort of mysterious illness that has left me sore and unable to ride a bicycle for any distance, particularly anywhere that involves hills...

The upside of this is that I've gotten to enjoy the fun that is the D1 (hey, that rhymed!), which picks me up from my front door and drops me off at work--and vice versa.  Occasionally, on normal, non-sick days, I have to forget this bus route exists because it could potentially make me very, very lazy.

After spending last night lying awake with a fever, however, I was forced to forego work at all today, and, to my dismay, it was GORGEOUS outside (as I discovered when I staggered out the door to catch the bus to go to the doctor's).  It's much easier to be sick when the weather sucks.  But the only thing I wanted to do was grab my bike and go spinning around in circles for hours.  Alas, it was not to be....

Keeping my fingers crossed that this bullshit clears up by Friday--between coffee club and Bike Prom, I feel I don't have much of a choice but to be up and about...

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you're sick! you haven't been riding!! haha, j/k of course. I'm very sorry to hear it. you're approaching my rate of blogging infrequency though! I hope all else is ok, and there are no martians on your computer, etc, etc. I'm bummed I won't be able to make coffee club this week - it's been way too long - but hopefully next. You should be there.
    Be well!!

    ReplyDelete