Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thought for the morning

I once knew someone who, as a PhD candidate, was rather disparaging of Master's students and claimed that they never do any work, that they glide right on through two years of graduate school with nary a difficult task or assignment.

As I sit here working on this grant proposal for the umpteenth hour with five more large assignments looming over the next two weeks, and not really due to procrastination on my part (seriously), all the while having gained a few pounds from stress over the past two weeks, I would like to throw out a giant "fuck you" to this person.

I really hope subsequent semesters suck less.

3 comments:

  1. From one graduate student to another: chin up. The semester is now over. Mine went very quickly, almost too quickly, as assignments seemed to outnumber time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Glad to see there's a community of bike enthusiasts in Phoenix--that's where my whole family is from. Just got back, actually.

    ReplyDelete